We are looking for passionate, committed people to join our family of volunteers. Donate your time to the Robbins Hunter Museum and become part of an exciting team that inspires an appreciation of the architecturally significant Avery-Downer House.
fun and rewarding opportunities available
Volunteers give their time to welcome visitors, give tours of the house and grounds, help with special events, and assist in many other important ways. The Robbins Hunter Museum seeks volunteers interested in history, decorative arts, and gardening. We are looking for those who enjoy working with both adults and children.
Becoming a part of a team of committed individuals who are passionate about history, enjoy interacting with others, and love learning new things, is what our volunteers find personally rewarding and engaging. Volunteers also receive:
- Behind the scenes information on upcoming programs and events.
- Paid field trips to surrounding areas of interest.
- Quarterly newsletters
- The opportunity to make life long friends with like minded people.
To become a volunteer at Robbins Hunter Museum, you must complete a training program to prepare you for your position. Volunteers should be willing to work at least six hours (or two shifts) per month during the tour season (April - Dec).
- Interest in history and preservation
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm as you share information about the architecture, collections and stories of those who lived here.
- Attitude of flexibility and cooperation in working with the public and peers.